Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I've Read The Most Books


hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

(14) Lemony Snicket - I loved the Unfortunate Series of Events (aside from the last book) and his unauthorized autobiography.  These books never fail to make me smile at their beautiful absurdity.

(12) Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson and the Olympians was an amazing series and so naturally I had to continue with The Heroes of Olympus and I fell for those characters as well.  Those two series were beautifully connected and amazing!

(11) J.K. Rowling - She's on this list for obvious reasons... I mean I've read everything she has written and published under her name, the Harry Potter novels, Hogwarts library books, and A Casual Vacancy.  I'm working on the Robert Galbraith novels. Soon and very soon!

(10) Meg Cabot - She was one of the first authors I read consistently when I was younger.  I read Princess Diaries #2-#6, Teen Idol, All American Girl, Ready of Not, Avalon High, and How To Be Popular.  I think her books are cute and fun and I always enjoy reading them.


(10) James Patterson - When I was younger I read his bird-kid adult books When the Wind Blows and Lake House.  I loved both of them and couldn't get enough of the characters.  So the next logical choice was to read his kid's series about bid kids.  I thought I had read them all... but I just found out there's another one.  And it just came out.  I can't be certain that I will read it though.

(9) Michael Buckley - The Sisters' Grimm was such an awesome series to read.  I loved the incorporation of all the fairytales.


(8) Eoin Colfer - Artemis Fowl was one of those book series I started as a child, read the first few and then forgot about it.  (That's what happens when kids have to wait.)  Then, last year I reread and finished the series and it was quite excellent!

(7) Laurie Halse Anderson - Speak, Prom, Wintergirls, Twisted, Catalyst, Chains, and Fever 1793  I love that she is able to write great contemporary and hits the hard issues without making light of them and can also write some wicked historical fiction!


(7) C.S. Lewis - The Chronicles of Narnia man, I read those books at the end of high school for the first time.  I had read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe plenty by then, I figured it was time to branch out.

(6) Michael Scott - When I started The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series I was really excited about it.  Part of me thought that somewhere they might mention Dumbledore.  (Hey, a girl can dream.)  I ended the series not as enthused but I still enjoyed the story.


(6) Bryan Lee O'Malley - Scott Pilgrim graphic novels are excellent.  A++


Runners Up:
(5) John Green
(5) Lois Lowry
(5) Neil Gaiman

(4) Tamora Pearce
(4) Marissa Meyer
(4) Marie Lu
(4) J.R.R. Tolkien - He was a man with a plan.  And that plan included Hobbits, Dwarves, Elves, and some evil rings.  It was a brilliant plan.

6 comments:

  1. Rowling made my list as well. And Gaiman was VERY close as well :-)
    My TTT: http://www.allensteachingfiles.com/2015/08/top-ten-tuesday-authors-ive-read-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wild how most of these authors could've been on my list, especially if I had stuck to more recent times. However, over my lifetime, my TTT is sort of lopsided in favor of more prolific writers rather than especial brilliant authors who might write less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eoin Colfer was so close to making my list! Great picks!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to read more Laurie Halse Anderson (I just bought Wintergirls! It's next on my TBR) and C. S. Lewis. Great list!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had Rowling, Riordan, and Snicket as well! Marie Lu made my runners-up, too. Nice list!

    My TTT: http://thespellboundreader.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-authors-ive.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. JKR and CSL made my list this week too! I've only read the first five Percy Jackson books though but The Heroes of Olympus and The Kane Chronicles are all on my tbr shelf and I own the first books in each of those series too. I'm still working my way through Tamora Pearce's work, and I want to read Snicket, Gaimen, Lu and Green :)

    ReplyDelete