Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bout of Books 14: What's Next Challenge

Bout of Books

Bout of Books seventh challenge is presented by Sarah Reads Too Much. I'm going to be recommending 3 books for your fall TBR piles.  These books are awesome and everyone should read them! These are all recent reads for me so hopefully you'll read and enjoy them as much as I did.

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson - This graphic novel is dynamite.  Aside from being almost 300 pages (which rarely happens) it's funny and quirky and tells the story of a villain's sidekick.  The art is great and the dialogue is fantastic.  This is the kind of book that could turn someone on to a new genre if they didn't like graphic novels before.






Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch - If fantasy is something that you are interested in, this book is great.  It's the first in a series (or trilogy, not really sure).  Aside from the beautiful cover, the characters are dynamic and engaging.  AND Meira is a total badass, like she has become one of my favorite female characters ever.




The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - This book is a thriller, no doubt about that.  It's a who done it with a twist.  I love trying to guess what happens in thrillers and mysteries before I read and I just couldn't get it.  The story is a bit slow at first, but keep going I promise it'll be worth the read, especially if you like being messed with.







What 3 books would you recommend to someone who's looking for their next book?  

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read Snow Like Ashes. I've heard it's very good from multiple sources! Plus, Fantasy is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete