Thursday, August 20, 2015

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#52)



hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

If you could change one thing about the first film, what would it be? 

I'd love to see Ron actually say his lines.  In the movies, quite a few of Ron's lines get passed onto Hermione and even Harry.  I know that Ron is supposed to be the funny man, the comic relief, but he's actually incredibly smart too.  I always forget how smart he is because so many of his ideas are given to Hermione in the movies.  It's kind of irksome that Ron is portrayed mostly as the comic relief because he is so much more than that.  I mean, he does have other great qualities in the movies but I would have loved to see more of his intellectual side.





3 comments:

  1. Ya, know, it's been so long since I've read the series I have actually forgotten about that. They kind of "dumbed" him down in the movies until the 5th movie anyways, and even then he barely said half his actual lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with this! Ron is so smart in the books, but he is completely brushed over in the movies. Thank you for bringing that up!

    Here's my HPMOTW!

    Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that they reduced Ron's character the way that they did really irks me too! I mean, I love that he's funny but that's not ALL he is! And Hermione was awesome enough in the books without needing to give her all of Ron's best moments and lines! By the end, they were even giving her some of Harry's lines and moves in the movies o_O Ron is brilliant and he deserved a better portrayal^^ well said Alex! xx

    ReplyDelete