Monday, July 27, 2015

Harry Potter Spell Tag


Faith of GeekyZooGirl and Micheline of Lunar Rainbow Reviews are hosting the Harry Potter Month in July and I'm on board!  People can compete in the House Cup by accumulating house points.  I'll be earning said house points by posting about Harry Potter among other Harry Potter related activities! This year I will be representing Hufflepuff!

Soudha tagged everyone participating in Harry Potter Month in this Harry Potter Spell Tag.  I thought today would be a great day to share this with you seeing as we are nearing a close!  Let's get started.


Expecto Patronum 
A childhood book connected to good memories


You can't expect me to not have this book/series on this list at least in one spot.  This series is so full of wonderful memories, from midnight releases, parties, halloween costumes, family trips to see the movies, and so much more.  I love this series because it's amazing and so well written, but I also love this series because of all the memories attached to it.  

Expelliarmus 
A book that took you by surprise


I first read this book as a school requirement.  I love reading but I'm always a little hesitant when I'm forced to read a book.  Naturally, I had my reservations about this book, but I was hooked immediately.  It definitely took me by surprise.  I liked it so much that I've read it again and again.  It's one of my favorite books now. 

Priori Incantatem
The last book you read


This book took me ages to read.  I was in a bit of a reading slump so I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  I still enjoyed it, though.  


Alohamora 
A book that introduced you to a genre you hadn't considered before


This book was the first graphic novel (trade paperback) I read that I enjoyed.  This book and the graphic novel class I took in college opened me up to an entirely new world of reading that I had previously thought of as childish. (cringe.)  Yes, I was one of those people.  I thought comics are good for some but not for me.  Now, I'm completely sold on them! 

Crucio
A book that was painful to read


This book could have been good, but it took me ages to read.  I think I was reading that book for 6 months before I finished it.  Parts of it were great, but some parts were down right painful.  I mean who talks about cutting grass for 100 pages and thinks it's a good idea? 

Avada Kedavra
A book that could kill (interpret that as you may) 


This book cannot get here soon enough.  I am dying to know how this series finishes!  I'm so excited and anxious.  I want this book here and now! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you put a HP book in this tag, I totally would as well ♥ The Giver was a surprise for me as well. And as much as I ADORE Batman, I have yet to read Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. I must fix that soon!! Oh and HELL YES WINTER. I NEED IT^^ hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete