Last week I wrote about the importance in separating books and movies as two different mediums to enjoy them throughly. I like the movies, but there are scenes that I would have loved to see in the movies! Here's seven of them:
1. I would have loved to see Luna's room in Deathly Hallows when Harry, Ron, and Hermione visit Xenophelius at home. It's described so beautifully that I had hoped they'd include it in the film. I knew the chances were slim seeing as that seemed to be a minute detail compared to the much large story line. Still, I would have loved to see the paintings of all their faces on her wall. That would have been so gorgeous!
2. I so wish that Harry and Ginny's kiss in Half-Blood Prince was the kiss from the book. I want to see Harry come in from detention irritated that he had to miss the match, but curious and anxious to find out if they won. I want to see Harry hug and kiss Ginny without thinking and see Ron go red and then shrug a little because he'd rather see his sister with his best friend than anyone else. I'd love to see Ginny tell off Ron for making a comment about PDA. Man, all of that would be so awesome!
3. Dumbledore's Funeral. I know this sounds morbid, but Dumbledore deserved the funeral from the book. It would have been right to see everyone come together to tribute Dumbledore one last time. To hear Fawkes sing and see everyone cry over the beloved man. For all his faults, Dumbledore did so much for Harry and the wizarding world in general. I would have liked the movie to dwell on this at least a little bit.
4. Winky the house elf would have rounded out the Goblet of Fire really well. It would have made the presence of Barty Crouch Jr more prevalent. If we had seen Winky by herself in the box at the Quidditch World Cup then there would be a reason for Barty Crouch Jr. to be there. And the revelation that Barty Crouch Jr. was Moody that much more impressive.
5. WHERE WAS GINNY in all of Order of the Phoenix. I mean really. This was the book that Ginny's character arch developed in a great way. She became feisty and fierce, though I'm sure she always was, we get to see it because she started to be herself around Harry. I loved this in the book, and I would have loved to see some scenes with Ginny in it.
6. It would have been great to see the scene in St. Mungo's where we find out Arthur's okay and see the Longbottoms and Neville. I would have loved to see that. In the Order of the Phoenix, Neville is still painted as the incompetent student who just can't get it. This scene would have done wonders for his character development.
7. Peeves should have been in the movies. There so many great scenes that would have made the movies that much better. For example, the moment when the twins leave and instruct Peeves to "give her hell for us" would have been awesome! Plus, he's used as foreshadowing for quite a bit of things later in the series. It would have been cool to see him break the vanishing cabinet in Chamber of Secrets and then see Draco trying to fix it in Half-Blood Prince. That would have been great!
8. I would have loved to see more Quidditch in the movies. We get it in the first three and in the sixth, but it would have been great to hear the cancelation in Goblet of Fire. As painful as it would have been, it would have been great to see Ron suck at Quidditch and hear Weasley is Our King being sung and then to see Fred, George and Harry banned from it. That would have been infuriating but also a great show of character on everyone's part.