I love quotes and I love Harry Potter so today I'm going to share with you some of my favorite Harry Potter quotes from across all the books.
1. "You're a wizard, Harry!" - Hagrid, Sorcerer's Stone.
I love this one because it's the first glimpse of hope Harry receives in his miserable world. That's the moment when Harry finds out that his life could get better, it won't forever be living with the Dursleys.
2. "If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals" - Sirius, Goblet of Fire
This one is great. It's probably one of my favorite quotes in the entire series. I love that Sirius has such a great perspective in the appearances of people and whether or not they are good. He points out a very valid moment. It's really easy to be good to those that are equals, but it's also really easy to mistreat those that are inferior. Sirius reminds everyone reading that there is no excuse to treat others poorly.
3. "Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world." - Ron, Chamber of Secrets
I like this moment in the book when Harry wants some reassurance that he's not crazy, but Ron doesn't give it to him. Ron knows that he could lie to make Harry feel alright, but he doesn't. He's straight up about hearing voices. I like that their friendship is that solid.
4. "Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect." - Luna, Order of the Phoenix
I love Luna more than most things, but in this moment I love Luna's mother. We never get the chance to meet the woman that loved Luna more than life. But I feel like she was a wonderful human being. Luna mentions that her mom used to say this, and I think it's absolutely brilliant and beautiful.
5. "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it." - Dumbledore, Deathly Hallows
Dumbledore is a very wise man, he's made a lot of mistakes in order to become the wise man he was. I love this quote because I love words and he expresses my love for words so eloquently. It's true words are extremely powerful, but they are also so magical. I love it!
6. "Do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?"
"Yes," said Harry stiffly.
"There's no need to call me "sir" Professor."
The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying." - Harry and Snape, Half-Blood Prince
I love this interaction. It shows that Harry's pretty much done with Snape's attitude and actions. Snape is a pinhead, I like his character, but man he is freaking relentless with this grudge of his. Harry's had enough and it's hilarious.
7. "You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? you think that we don't recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?" - Dumbledore, Prisoner of Azkaban
I love this quote because it's so true. I don't think the dead ever truly leave. Their memory keeps them alive and often it comforts and much as it brings grief.
What are some of your favorite quotes from Harry Potter?