Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 2000 Ratings and Under Club



hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

As of June 30th, the following books have less than 2,000 ratings on Goodreads, but they should have way more!

1. My Faire Lady by Laura Wettersten (745 ratings) - This was such a fun read. It's set at a renaissance festival, which is delightful. It's a unique setting and the characters are fun. I really enjoyed reading it and I think others should as well.

2. How Zoe (Mostly) Made Her Dreams Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer (1,835 ratings) - Sarah Strohmeyer seems to be fairly well known, but this book seems be be under the radar. It's a very cute story set in a disney-esque park where teens gather to play parts of princes, princesses, and fantasy characters alike. Naturally, shenanigans happen when there are so many rules to follow and a large scholarship at stake.

3. Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly (1,960 ratings) - This book deserves all the recognition. It's incredibly compelling and the characters are hilarious and quirky and at times obnoxious. It's a great mix of mystery and humor with the norms of high school mixed in.


4. Tempus by Lauren Holly (132 ratings) - A coworker introduced this book to me.  It's the first book in a trilogy about a girl who is burdened with hallucinations, that is until she finds out the truth behind them.  It was a good read and it deserves more attention.

5. Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein (777 ratings) - This was my first Jini book and it was really good! The sequel recently came out and I'm excited to read what happens next in these Jini's story. A Jinn's life isn't fun or as easy as it would seem.


6. Gotham Academy Vol 2. by Becky Cloonan (893 ratings) - The first volume of this comic series has so many more ratings than this volume, but I think it's just as good as the first. It's about a girl who goes to a boarding school that has several ties to the Arkham Asylum. She and her friends discover all sorts of mysteries and attempt to solve them.  I love the concept of this comic and I can't wait to read more soon.

7. The Scientist: A History of Science Told Through the Lives of Its Greatest Inventors by John Gribbin (942 ratings) - Not going to lie, this was a book I read for class in college. I thought I was going to hate it. BUT I was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't read like a text book, although it has all the information a textbook might have.  Really, it's like a bunch of biographies put together to tell the story of science. My favorite section was about Marie Curie.

1 comment:

  1. I have both Becoming Jinn and Gotham Academy on my tbr shelf so I shall help with the ratings crusade as soon as I can 8-) Anything Gotham or Batman related is an automatic for this girl and well I think I have Becoming Jinn on there since it came out XD Great picks^^

    ReplyDelete