Thursday, December 3, 2015

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#67)



hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

I'm going to take some time to talk about why I am a Hufflepuff and how I came to realize that I wasn't a Gryffindor.

I'd thought I was a Gryffindor since the beginning.  I was young and I loved Harry and Hermione and Ron and Neville and all the other Gryffindors so naturally I wanted to be a Gryffindor too.  That is not the case, though my 11 year old self just couldn't comprehend that I could be anything other than a Gryffindor.

I went on believing that lie for a good chunk of my life and then Pottermore opened to the public and I took the sorting hat test curated by J.K. Rowling herself and it told me I was a Hufflepuff.  Can you imagine the heartbreak of 14 years of believing I was a Gryffindor to find out that not only was I not in Gryffindor, I was a Hufflepuff!?  It was devastating to say the least.

Hold onto your pitchforks ladies and gentlemen, I didn't know it at the time, but Hufflepuffs are freaking amazing!  Yeah, people like to joke about them because they seem to be the oddballs and the ridiculed, but remember we had Cedric Diggory and he was chosen for the Triward Tournament.  Plus, we're accepting and kind and yes, some of us are excellent finders.  Huffepuffs are the heart of Hogwarts and I love making it known that I am a Hufflepuff.

It took me a months to get my act together, but now I wouldn't be anything but a Hufflepuff.  (Plus, J.K. Rowling said that everyone should want to be a Hufflepuff.  SO there.)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love this^^ I always thoughts that I wouldn't be sorted into Gryffindor, despite really wanting to be in that House...mostly because I wanted to be with Harry, Ron and Hermione. I always thought that I'd be a Ravenclaw. So imagine my surprise when Pottermore sorted me into Gryffindor!! I don't feel like I have the right traits to be among them, but hey, I must have answered those questions like a Gryffindor I guess. Anyway, I LOVE Hufflepuffs, they're brave but not showy about it, I love how accepting the House is and how good they are at finding. Plus, I feel like Hobbits are totally all Hufflepuffs and that's all kinds of awesome :D Wonderful post Alex ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. :) You know, Pottermore actually sorted me into Gryffindor. I was expecting Ravenclaw.

    By the way, I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award!

    ReplyDelete