Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Words/Topics that'll make me pick up/buy a book

hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish.

1. Thief/Convict: Anytime I know that a thief is involved in a story, I know I'm pretty much going to be hooked.

2. Witch/Wizard: If there's magic involved, I know I'll at least try it out.

3. Fairy tale re-tellings: I love a good fairy tale, in whatever incarnation it comes.

4. Boarding school: I've always wondered what it would be like to go to a boarding school, and since that is no longer an option for my life, I like to read about them and pretend.

5. Mystery/Thriller: I like to try and figure out what's going to happen in these kind of books before we are told, although more often than not, I'm wrong.

6. Music:  I love music, so anything that has to do with music intrigues me.  I went through a period of time in middle school where I'd only read books if there was music involved. so, yeah.

7. New York:  After living there for 6 months, I desperately want to go back.  Until then, these books are my friends.  Also, I love being able to say I've been to the places that are mentioned in the books.

8. Dystopia:  I'm not ashamed.  I love "alternate" futures where the government may or may not be corrupt.  I am fascinated by the creativity and the honesty that are poured into dystopian books.

9. Movie Adaptations: I'm one of those people that has to read the book first.  When I find out a movie is based on a book, it 1) makes me want to see the movie even more and 2) makes me want to read the book.

10. Classics: I love classics; probably because it makes me feel cultured when I read them, but also because the writing is so beautiful.

8 comments:

  1. Boarding schools is so popular today I can't believe I didn't think about it. There's not a single item on your list that I'd disagree with! Great picks :) Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Sheri @ Perks of Being a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I like those words. They have promises of good reading. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list, I love witches and Boarding Schools as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boarding schools topped my list. It really is one of the best settings. I'm one of those people who has to read the book first, too. I love source material. Great list!
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mystery/Thriller, love those genres! Oh, I live in New York, now! I like reading about where I've grown up :D The second list I've seen with boarding school! I have that on my list, too. :) Great picks.

    ~Ana @ Characterized Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Books with a thief in them are always a good choice.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our lists are so similar! Good choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent list. Fairytale re-tellings alway, always, always!

    ReplyDelete