Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2018

The Top Ten Tuesday has a new home. It's hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
Seven seems to be my new ten for the time being.

1. Ryan Graudin (Wolf by Wolf) - I've had Ryan Graudin on my radar for a while now and I'm so glad I took the time to read one of her books. I'm excited to read more books by her this year.

2. Kendare Blake (Three Dark Crowns) -  I read the first two books of Kendare Blake's series in 2018 and it was so good.  I can't wait to dive into the third one and I'm sure I'll be impatiently awaiting the last later this year.

3. Amanda Foody (Ace of Shades) - I've been looking for another good fantasy story to dive into and I came across Amanda Foody's novel when a friend suggested Ace of Shades to me. I was really in need of a good book and it was a great book!
4. Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Minds) - I don't normally choose favorites but man, Alexandra Bracken came in from left field. I was spellbound by The Darkest Minds and binged read the rest of the series, aside from the new book that came out this year. Now I just want to read everything else she's written.

5. Rachel Hollis (Girl, Wash Your Face) - I found Rachel Hollis and her book by pure coincidence.  I had no idea she had this massive platform and company dedicated to helping women realize their amazing potential. Since reading this
6. Alan Bradley (The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie) - Bradley has a series set in the 50s in England, centering around a 12-year-old girl, who has some mad observational skills and a sassy attitude. She's one of those characters you can't help but love. I'd been meaning to pick up this series for a while now and this year I read two of them!

7. Julie Murphy (Dumplin') - Julie Murphy is an author I wish was around when I was in high school. Dumplin' was the book I needed back then, and one that I needed now. To be honest, it was one that I received in a Owlcrate box and then put off for a long time because I just wasn't sure about it. I almost got rid of it, but I ended up picking it up and I was blown away.

2 comments:

  1. Great list! The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie has been on my TBR for such a long time - I need to try and get to that one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Amanda Foody was on my list too! Great list!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete