Saturday, January 5, 2019

2019! New Year, New Goals





WELCOME
It's time to decide and commit to my reading challenges for the year. I ended 2018 in a pretty large reading slump, so I'm not particularly inclined to set too many challenges. I would like to participate in a couple read-a-thons, though I don't which ones right now. And I did really enjoy focusing on the series I need to finish last year, so I'm going to do it again!

2019 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge hosted by Celebrity Readers.
Last year, I attempted and completed being a B-lister, so I'm going to do it again. I didn't choose the B-lister life, the B-lister life chose me. I will be attempting to finish/catch up on 5-8 series this year. I've got some new series in mind but we'll see which ones I actually read. Here's a tentative list:

B-List Finisher

1. Charlotte Holmes Series by Brittany Cavallaro (4 books total) - 3/13/19
2. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (3 books so far)
3. Cormoran Strike by Robert Galbraith (4 books so far) - 1/19/19
4. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (2 books total)
5. Renegades by Marissa Meyer (2 books so far)
6. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (8 books total)
7. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (2 books total)
8. Themis Files by Sylvain Neuvel (3 books total) - 10/31/19

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019 TBR Pile Challenge hosted by Roof Beam Reader.
I did this challenge a couple of years ago, but I did not do well. I just didn't choose my books well.  Now, I think I'm ready to give it another go. 12 books from my TBR pile and a couple alternates just in case I can't get through some from my original list. They must be published before before 1/1/2018, so I've had them on my pile for at least a year. And I know I have plenty to choose from, so here's the list:

1. The Blackhouse by Peter May (2011)
2. The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater (2013) - 10/6/19
3. Brit-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman (2014) - 3/4/19
4. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (2014)
5. Red Rising by Pierce Brown (2014)
6. Renegades by Marissa Meyer (2017)
7. Watership Down by Richard Adams (1972)
8. The Fade Out: Act One (2015)
9. Mr. Toppit by Charles Elton (2009)
10. Heartless by Marissa Meyer (2016)
11. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (2016)
12. Uncaged by John Sandford and Michele Cook (2014)

Alternates:
1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (2015)
2. How (Not) to Fall in Love by Lisa Brown Roberts (2015)



2 comments:

  1. You have some really great series on your list to finish! I love the Throne of Glass, Cormoran Strike and Renegades series! What a great goal and list for 2019!

    You can check out my reading goals here - https://thebookbloglife.com/reading-goals-for-2019-blogmas-15

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an AWESOME TBR list... and I notice you have a couple of Marissa Meyer books on there (both of which I kinda want to read myself this year!)

    Best of luck to you in your 2019 literary adventures!

    Tarissa
    http://inthebookcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete