Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I've Given Up On

The Top Ten Tuesday has a new home. It's hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

1. Miss Peregrine's Home or Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - I tried so hard to read this series and I just couldn't make myself love it as much as the rest of the world seemed to. So I've finally given it up.

2. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - I finished the original trilogy and that was good, but it seems so daunting to continue at this point with so many spin offs. So I'm done with this series, at least for now.

3. Vivian Apple at the End of the World by Katie Coyle - The first book was an interesting beginning and it did leave off with a pretty good cliffhanger, but once I had some space I decided that I didn't want to read the conclusion.
4. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - I really enjoy the first book. And frankly, I have no interest in continuing because it concludes well enough to be satisfied with the characters journey.

5. Nightmares! by Jason Segal - I didn't even know this was a series when I picked up this book.

6. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy - This was a mildly interesting start to the series, but it didn't hold my attention enough to want to continue with the series.
7. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Lani Taylor - I actually liked this book quite a bit, but it's been so long since I've read it, I'd have to reread it to continue on with the series and I just don't want to spend my time doing that right now.

8. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige - It's been so long since reading the first that I really don't have any interest continuing.
9. The Storymakers by Betsy Schow - I first book was a fun read, but I'm not invested enough to continue on with this series. I didn't even know there was a continuation of the story when I first read the book.

10. Taken by Erin Bowman - This is one I started reading way too late. I would have loved this in middle school and high school, but now I'm just over it. I didn't even make it all the way through the first book.

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I keep meaning to read some Laini Taylor but I've seen Daughter of Smoke and Bone on quite a few lists this week so I might try something else by her first instead.

    ReplyDelete