Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books that Awaken the Travel Bug

The Top Ten Tuesday has a new home. It's hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

1. The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley - This book is set in Scotland and I actually read part of this while I was in Scotland so it's bound to fuel my desire to go back to Scotland.

2. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - Even though the Londons in this book are fictional, the amount of traveling between the worlds makes me itching to explore new countries in our world.

3. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller - This book makes me want to take to the high seas and just go sailing for months on end. I'm not sure I would actually enjoy it, but I want to try it nonetheless.


4. The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro - Aside from it being a Holmes mystery, this book makes me want to go visit Germany and explore. Maybe I'll run into a mystery while I'm there!

5. The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash - This one makes my want to travel to ComicCon and BookCon/BEA and any other conference I'd enjoy. These always take place a decent distance from my state, so it would be a journey.

6. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - So part of this takes place in France and I'd love to explore France some more, but what I love about this series is that they seem to constantly be moving and traveling and I'd love to travel for an extended period of time.


7. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - This book has a traveling acting troop in it  and I love it. What I wouldn't give to be a part of a touring show, that would be fantastic!

8. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - When I'm done reading this, I always want to go on an adventure. Let's go travel everywhere! I'm down to grab a bag, stuff it with clothes and take off without a plan.





2 comments: