Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I should have DNF'd

The Top Ten Tuesday has a new home. It's hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

I didn't use to DNF any books. I would stubbornly finish any book I thought I should read even if I wasn't enjoying it. So here are ten books I should have DNF'd:

1. Reality Boy by A.S. King - I listened to this one, and while the captured my attention at the beginning, it didn't hold it. It took me twice as long to finish this book than it usually does for audiobooks. I loved another book by her, but this one just wasn't my cup of tea.

2. A Madness So Discreet by Mindy, McGinnis - This was a book club read, so I had to finish it. If I had the option, I probably would have DNF'd it. I found this story a bit slow paced and completely different than what I expected.

3. Taken by Erin Bowman - I didn't technically finish this book, I ended up skimming the last 150 pages. I wanted to give this a chance, but I just picked it up too late. Had I picked this book up in high school or when it first came out, I'm sure I'd have loved it.


4. The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan - Once again, this was a book club read. It was incredibly strange and not at all what I was expecting.

5. The Sumer We Read Gatsby by Danielle Ganek - I listened to this book on my mom's suggestion. I was fun, but I found the characters a little grating.

6. The Magicians by Lev Grossman - I thought this book was going to be a little bit like a grown-up Harry Potter. It's only similar in that there's magic and a school. I plowed through this audiobook hoping it would get better, but it didn't.


7. Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler - Again, this story was very slow paced and I remember being bored. I honestly have no idea what this book was about anymore.

8. Shabanu by Suzanne Fisher Staples - I had to read this book for class and I honestly don't know if I even finished this book. I do I remember thinking I'd gladly put the book down if I didn't have to write a paper on it.


9. Nevermore by James Patterson - I really enjoyed the first couple books in the series, but if I'm being honest, I read the rest of them because I thought I "had" finish the series. This is finally where I stopped thinking like that.

10. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - I actually did DNF this book, but I read way too much of it before I decided to put it down. It just didn't hold my interest the way I hoped it would.


1 comment:

  1. Great list! I loved the first few books in the Maximum Ride series but I gave up around book 5 because I felt like the series wasn't going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete