Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books Read in 2018 (so far)

The Top Ten Tuesday has a new home. It's hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.'

1. The Case for Jamie by Brittany Cavallaro - I love all the books in this series, but I think this one takes the cake.  I LOVE this one: Jamie and Charlotte are just the more incredible characters. I can't wait to get that last book.

2. Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston - This book has everything I love in a good story and I just couldn't stop reading it. I knew I liked Ashley Poston's writing and with this book she's officially been put on the auto-read list.

3. Warcross by Maire Lu - Marie Lu has a super power and it's writing books. This one was full of rich characters and such an intriguing story, that honestly could be our future at some point. I loved the virtual reality bits of the book and the mystery surrounding it.


4. Gone Rogue by Marissa Meyer - I will never grow old of a Lunar Chronicles story. And this second half of Iko's story is such a good one. And I love that it's a graphic novel.

5. Runaways Vol. 1: Find Your Way Home by Rainbow Rowell - Runaways one is of my favorite Marvel comics and this volume felt like coming home.  I love these characters so much and I've missed them.

6. Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol. 1: Anchor Points by Kelly Thompson - Hawkeye is another one of my Marvel favorites. Even though Clint will always have a special place in my heart Kate Bishop has become my #1 Hawkeye.  She's such a great character and I loved the first volume dedicated to her!


7. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - This book I listened to in one day, I couldn't put it down. I just didn't want to stop listening, and if that's not a sign of a wonderful book, I don't know what is.

8. Love Does by Bob Goff - I've heard Bob Goff speak before and really enjoyed his talks, so I was hopeful that this book would be good too. And it was such a lovely book, with such lovely ideas on how love makes all the difference in the world.


9. Trouble Never Sleeps by Stephanie Tromly - This was one of my highly anticipated books of the year and it did not disappoint. I fell in love with Digby in the first novel and have been loving his character and the rest of the group since. This last book left me so satisfied. I loved it!

10. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody - This book was a really good beginning to a trilogy; I enjoyed meeting new characters and falling into a world of mystery and cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment