Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Marvel-A-Thon Wrap Up

The Marvel-A-Thon was such a fun reading challenge for the month of June. I'm glad I found it and even though find a book for each challenge was a little more difficult based on how I limited my options, I still read really well this month. I made updates throughout the month in my twitter. If you didn't see the thread I made, I'll leave it here for you to read.

Let's jump into the recap shall we?!

I made it all the way through Phase One! Only a little set back on the last book, which I ended up DNFing so that wasn't awesome. But I really enjoyed every other book I read in Phase One.

Phase One:
- Iron Man: Read the first book in a series
     Runaways, Vol. 1 by Rainbow Rowell - Finished 6/6  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hulk: Read a book with a green cover
     The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - Finished 6/12 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Iron Man 2: Read a book that's unpopular (I'm going by number of ratings on Goodreads)
     LumberJanes/Gotham Academy by Chynna Clugston Flores - Finished 6/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Thor: Read a book that involves myth or mythology
     Soundless by Richelle Mead - DNF'd 6/27
- Captain America: Read a book set or written in WWII
     SKIP
- The Avengers: Read a book with multiple perspectives
     One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake - Finished 6/10 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I started into Phase Two with three days left in the month, so I knew I wouldn't finish this phase but I thoroughly enjoyed getting past the book block. I'm very tempted to continue through the rest of the phases in July just because I can!

Phase Two:
- Iron Man 3: Read a book that will challenge you
     SKIP
- Thor: Dark World: Read a book that involves siblings
     The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - In the middle 
- Captain America: Winter Soldier: Read a book where the main character is a villain or anti-hero
     Heartless by Marissa Meyer
     The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Read a book set in, written in, or involving the 80's
     SKIP
- Avengers: Age of Ultron: Read a book involving an AI in some way
     SKIP
- Ant-Man: Read a book involving a heist or thieves
     Rook by Shannon Cameron - Finished 7/1

Phase Three:
- Captain America: Civil War: Read a book about a rivalry or enemies
     Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Doctor Strange: Read a book that involves medicine in some way
     Uncaged by John Sandford and Michele Cook
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Read a book set in or involving space
     SKIP
- Spider-Man: Homecoming: Read a YA book involving secrets in some way
     Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore
- Thor: Ragnarok: Read a popular book
     Dumplin' by Julie Murphey
- Avengers: Infinity War: Read a book that fulfills multiple challenges
      SKIP
- Black Panther: Read an ownvoices book with a black main character
     The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
     Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Captain Marvel: Read a book with a female MC
     Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol 2: Masks by Kelly Thompson 
     Giant Days by John Allison
- The Avengers 4: Read a book you don't know anything about
      Monstress, Vol 1: The Awakening by Majorie M Liu

Thank you Jamieson of Jamishelves, for hosting this awesome event. I hope to see it come back in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment