Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd like to see later

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

1. June and Day (Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu) - Without giving any spoilers about how this trilogy ends, I'd love to see what they are up to 10 years down the line.  Where they have found themselves, what they are doing.  


2. Eleanor & Park (Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell) - I would love to see them a couple years down the way, what happened to both of them, how their relationship works out, how their style changes (is that last part weird?) 


3. Wren (Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell) - I would love to see her graduate college and whether or not she's still writing fanfiction.  It would be so awesome to see her transition from fanfiction to her own novels, and how see how she would react to people writing fanfiction about her work.  




4. Stargirl (Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli) - I know there's a sequel, but I haven't read it yet.  I would love to know what happened to Stargirl and if she stayed as beautiful a spirit as she was in the book.  

5. The Entire Gang (Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan) - I would love to see where everyone from these books end up 10 years down the road.  Do they have kids, who got married, is Percy still wonderfully sarcastic?  I just want a mini reunion of sorts. 


6. R (Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion) - I don't want to spoil this one either but I'd love to see where R is 5 years down the line.  I'm interested to see how he's doing, transitioning to his life. 




7. Dumbledore's Army: Ron, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, Luna... okay everyone. (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling) - What I wouldn't give to know more about them.  How they coped after the war and growing into their adult lives.  I know Rowling has given us some information regard all that in interviews and Pottermore, but I'm greedy and would love a comprehensive conversation with the characters.  

8. Scipio (The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke) - I would love to see how Scipio is adjusting to his new life after the book.  I'd love to know more about how he's getting around and what he has planned to do about his situation. 

9. Scout (To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee) - I love Scout and it would be amazing to see her as a young woman trying to make her mark on the world.  And until recently, I thought I would never know more about her, but thanks to Harper Lee herself, the world will know more! (However skeptical the surrounds of the new book might be.)



3 comments:

  1. oh man i TOTALLY forgot about the book Stargirl! i'm literally having a moment here reminiscing on that book! i might have to find that at the library soon and give it a reread! and i definitely agree with your choice of the whole HP Dumbledore's army and Percy Jackson gang! great list!!
    here's mine!
    http://www.wholly-books.com/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-86_7.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I chose Eleanor and Park, too. I'd love to get a glimpse of them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful list. I totally forgot I read Stargirl since it has been so, so long.
    I forgot Harry Potter on my list this week! :-( How did that happen??
    I really need to finish the Percy Jackson books because I want more after reading Lightning Thief.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete