Thursday, March 26, 2015

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#31)

hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.

I mixed this up with topic up with another date a couple weeks ago so here's my favorite Hogwarts teacher for you now:


The teachers at Hogwarts are for the most part amazing! There are so many options, I could choose Hagrid because even though his methods were out of the ordinary he is a great Care of Magical Creatures teacher.  Or I could choose Lupin because of his hands on learning abut Defense Against the Dark Arts.  Or I could choose Madame Hooch because not only teaches students how to fly, but she also gets to referee the Quidditch games.

However, the teacher I love to talk about the most is Professor Minerva McGonagall.  All the teachers had to put up with Harry, Ron and Hermione but McGonagall gets to be present for the aftermath of an extraordinary amount of their mischief.  She puts up with them but also the rest of the Gryffindors and while doing that she also is an excellent Transfiguration teacher.  She is a no nonsense, crack the whip teacher, but she also has everybody's respect.  At times she feeds their imagination and curiosities with information that they couldn't get elsewhere.  She loves Hogwarts but she loves her students more and that's saying something.  I absolutely love how motherly she is toward her students.  She is brave and courageous and so snarky it's hysterical especially where Umbridge is concerned.  She's a complete badass and that's why I love her.


1 comment:

  1. McGonagall is amazing, she deserves ALL the love and respect she gets. Like you said, she's fierce, brave and no-nonsense but she's also loving and caring. She's the perfect combination of elements in a teacher, I would love for her to teach me :) Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete