Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Recent Additions to my TBR

The Top Ten Tuesday has a new home. It's hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

1. Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller - I've just finished a book about vikings and I'm itching to read another viking book, this one seems on a similar thread. I really liked Levenseller's previous books and so I'm hopeful that this book will satisfy my viking desires.

2. We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal - This book sounds amazing. I've been looking at it for a while now, but I haven't officially added it to my TBR until recently. It's inspired by ancient Arabia and follows a hunter and an assassin who are each legends, but don't want to be.

3. Rayne and Delilah's Midnight Matinee by Jeff Zentner - Two best friends host a TV show on their local cable channel and in their senior they have to make decisions about their future of their show, their lives, and their friendship. It sounds like the perfect contemporary read and I'm excited to read it when it comes out.
4. Carnival at Bray by Jessie Ann Foley - I'm missing Ireland a lot recently, and this book just spoke to me. It takes place in 1993, a Chicago teen is uprooted to a small town in Ireland. Tragedy strikes and a pilgrimage to Dublin might be the trick to processing the grief. Running around Ireland sounds like a book I'm ready to read.

5. Now a Major Motion Picture by Cori McCarthy - Set in Ireland again, this time on the movie set of a widely famous fantasy trilogy written by the main character's grandmother. I'm particularly excited to read this book.

6. Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan - It's about a girl who has a job as the hot dog girl in her local princess park. She's got plans to win a boy's heart and save the park all while dancing around as a hot dog. I mean that sounds so cute and I'm here for it.
7. #Prettyboy Must Die by Kimberly Reid - I'm getting some serious Digby vibes from this book and I LOVED Trouble Is A Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly, so I'm pretty interested in checking this book out.

8. The Tyrant's Tomb by Rick Riordan - The latest book in the Apollo series and I'll be really excited to read more about Apollo's mortal teenage self when it comes out later this year.
9. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin - I've read several of her books and really enjoyed them. This one seemed to have slipped under the radar, but I've found it now and I'm keen on reading it. I mean there's a bookshop involved!

10. The Darkest Legacy by Alexandra Bracken - I binge-read the The Darkest Minds Trilogy last year just in time to learn about this book. I can't say that I'm sorry there's another one. I mean, Alexandra Bracken has a way with storytelling, I'm completely obsessed. I'm so excited that there's more for me to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment