Friday, August 9, 2019

June/July Wrap Up


Time for the Recap!

The Picks:
As a review, here are my pick for June and July
Home on the Range - Read a book that takes place on a ranch or features a cowboy
Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure - Read a book featuring a nature word in the title
Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet - Read a book that features the Internet/technology
Finding Nemo - Read a book nominated for an award

I was able to complete three of the four prompts these last two months. I'll put Finding Nemo back in the pool for another time. Here are my short reviews for the books I read and their corresponding movies.

The Books:
When the Sky Fell on Splendor by Emily Henry - I really enjoyed this book. It definitely has a Stranger Things vibe to the story, and I really liked that aspect. This group of friends thrown together after an accident that affected most of the families in the small town. I loved the dynamic between characters, especially between Franny and her brother, Arthur.

Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy - I wanted to like this book so much.  It had all the makings of something that I'd love and unfortunately I just couldn't get into the book.  I counted this book as my Home on the Range because they ride horses at some point during this story (I know it's a stretch but it's my challenge, so.) I ended up putting this book down, but maybe I'll come back to it later.

Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman - This book was so much fun! I really enjoyed the book scavenger game aspect of this story. It was a story of friendship and puzzles, family and adventure. There's a little bit of mystery and suspense which glued me to the book. I wanted to know what would come next, which clues our main characters would solve and where it would take them. Middle School is rough, but it's always nice to have a friend to share the experience with and these two main characters do just that.



The Movies:
Tinker Bell - Even though I pulled Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure, I watched Tinker Bell so I could watch them in release order. This was a very cute movie about embracing who you are and what you're made to do. I really enjoyed watching Tink's origin story and I can't wait to pull other Tinker Bell movies.

Home on the Range - This is one of the few movies on the list that I haven't seen before. It's not your typical Disney musical; there were no singing animals, which did disappoint me a little.  Three cows go on an adventure to help save their Little Patch of Heaven, fighting against all odds. It's not my favorite movie, and I'm not surprised this isn't one of the more popular Disney movies, but it was fun.

Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet - This movie is a gem. I love the musical number that Vanellope sings while she's in Slaughter Race. My favorite part of this whole movie is the princesses. I would absolutely watch a feature length film with all of them interacting like they do in this movie!


August's picks are coming shortly. So until next time, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment