Monday, August 12, 2019

August 2019 TBR


It's the beginning of August which means it's time to choose books and movies!

I think this is the first time the movie prompts fit perfectly with books I already wanted to read this month. So I'm extremely excited to be reading everything these!

The Picks:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Read your favorite book growing up
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - I'll be reading the illustrated edition, which I haven't actually read before. I love this story so so much, and it definitely has it's place near the top of my favorite books growing up. There's a lot of emotion associated with this series for me, so I'm excited to take the time this year to reread this gem again.

A Goofy Movie Read a book featuring a parent/child relationship
Bridge of Clay by Markus Zuzak - This book I believe is all about a family and their estranged relationship with their father. I don't know too much about it, but I think I can pretty safely guess that  a parent/child relationship will be featured at least a little bit. I'm really hoping this book is excellent.

 

Book Club:
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens -  This was almost unanimously picked for our book this month. I've been hearing lots of good things about this book and so I can't wait to read it. I'll probably end up listening to it and I'm hoping it'll have a good narrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment