Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books With My Favorite Color on the Cover

The Top Ten Tuesday has a new home. It's hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

GREEN. Green is my favorite color and here are some great books with green on the cover.

1. The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro - This is the second book in this series and I'm absolutely in love with it! The covers are absolutely beautiful and each feature a different cover, but this green is my favorite.

2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling - This is my favorite book in the series and it also happens to have Harry's name in emerald green on the cover.  I love it!

3. Warcross by Marie Lu - Marie Lu has had me hook on her books since Legend and this book does not disappoint. It's such a great high action, virtual reality video game adventure. It's the first in a series and I cannot wait for the rest of the books to come out.
4. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman - This character driven story will break your heart and make you feel all the feelings. Ove has a story to tell, even if he doesn't think it's all that great. I loved this story so much.

5. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee - I'm going to be honest, I went into this book hesitantly because of all the hype. I am pleased to report the hype is real. This story is so fun, adventurous, laugh out loud funny, I really enjoyed it.

6. Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt - I love this book. I read it in college and knew immediately it would become one of my favorites. The characters are spunky and full of spirit and the story is worth reading again and again.
7. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury - This is the first book in a trilogy that I am thoroughly invested in right now. I really liked the audiobook for this one and the green on the cover sets the tone of the book beautifully.

8. The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen - This is the second book in the Ascendance trilogy, The False Prince, being the first. This is another really great story with characters you want to have as friends.
9. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - I love a good thriller and this one threw me for a loop. The suspense and mystery sucks you right into this story, keeping you guessing the entire time.

10. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan - Rick Riordan kicks off his entire world with this book right here and I love it. Percy Jackson is a beloved character and I love that his first book has green all over the cover. 

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I do love a green cover, and the cover of The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they match your blog’s color scheme. Great list.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I feel like we need more books with green as the main colour on the cover, though. I recently read Sever by Lauren DeStefano which also has a lovely green cover.

    ReplyDelete