Monday, September 18, 2017

#TheReadingQuest Wrap-up


Aentee at Read at Midnight created this quest, go check out her sign up page for all the details.

It's been an intense month of acquiring health and experience points, leveling up my character, and reading as much as I can. #TheReadingQuest gave me an opportunity to read several books that I've been meaning to read, but just didn't feel like it was the right time. Without further ado here are my character stats for the end of the challenge.

Stats: 
Character Class: Mage
Level: 3
Experience Points: 105 exp
Health Points: 204

Total pages read: 1,080
Total minutes listened to: 1,787 (≈29.75 hours)


Mage Quest:
A book with a one word title: Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith 
A book that contains magic: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab 
A book based on mythology: The Call by Peadar Ó Guilín
A book set in a different world: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo 
The First Book in a Series:

Side Quests
Mini-Game: read a graphic novel, novella or poem collection: Lumberjanes Vol. 3: A Terrible Idea by Noelle Stevenson
Open World: read whatever you want: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia 
Grind: A book with 500+ pages: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee

While I did not complete my character quest, I did do quite a bit of reading this month. I completed 3 of the side challenges and 3 1/2 challenges of my character quest. I listened to 3 audiobooks and read 2.5 books and 1 graphic novel.

I'm currently a little over halfway through Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and I am absolutely loving the writing and the characters. Normally, I would have powered through and tried to finish the book at the last minute, but I really want to savor it so I gave myself half credit.

I had so much fun reading through these challenges. If #TheReadingQuest happens again, I definitely plan on participating!  If you participated in #TheReadingQuest, I'd love to know how you did; did you finish your character quest? Which books did you read? Happy reading all!

No comments:

Post a Comment