Friday, September 1, 2017

#TheReadingQuest Halfway Update



Aentee at Read at Midnight created this quest, go check out her sign up page for all the details.

So it's just over halfway through #TheReadingQuest and I've had a lot of fun reading the books I've picked out. And I'm doing pretty well if I do say so myself. I have finished 2 books, 1 graphic novel, and 1 audiobook. That's quite a lot for someone who reads slowly!

Lauren at Wonderless Reviews created an amazing spreadsheet to help calculate the experience and health points, which is wonderful because I didn't want to compute the numbers. (cuz I'm lazy. >.<) And now I don't have to. Thanks!

Stats: 
Character Class: Mage
Level: 2
Experience Points: 85 exp
Health Points: 144

Total pages read: 937
Total minutes listened to: 913 (≈15.25 hours)

I've shifted a couple books around to better fit my Mage quest challenges. I just started Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and I'm just over halfway through The Call by Peadar Ó Guilín.  When I finish both of those, I will have completed the Mage quest!

Currently Reading:
A book based on mythology: The Call by Peadar Ó Guilín
A book set in a different world: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo 

FINISHED BOOKS
Mage Quest:
A book with a one word title: Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith 
A book that contains magic: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab 
The first book in a series: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

I've also completed some of the side quests. Who knows how many more of them I will get to as I am going to focus on finishing my character quest.

Side Quests
Mini-Game: read a graphic novel, novella or poem collection: Lumberjanes Vol. 3: A Terrible Idea by Noelle Stevenson
Open World: read whatever you want: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia 

Overall, I'm doing fairly well with this challenge. I'm getting to some books that I've been putting off and enjoying new finds as well. If I finish my Mage quest I might just have some time to move onto either the Knight or the Bard quests and of course some more side quests.

If you are participating in #TheReadingQuest, I'd love to know which books you've been reading and which character quest you have chosen. Happy reading all!

No comments:

Post a Comment