Thursday, August 17, 2017

Harry Potter Moment of the Week #106

hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

Favorite Hogwarts Founder. Or whichever one fascinates you the most.

It may be because I'm a Hufflepuff, but Helga Hufflepuff has always been someone I had great appreciation for as founder. The other founders had very specific characteristics and traits they wanted for their houses and that kind of exclusivity always seemed a bit weird to me. I loved that Hufflepuff didn't subscribe to that mentality. She valued kindness and loyalty in her students, but she didn't discriminate who belonged in her house.
Said Slytherin, "We'll teach just those
Whose ancestry's purest."
Said Ravenclaw, "We'll teach those whose
Intelligence is surest."
Said Gryffindor, "We'll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name."
Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot
And treat them just the same."
   --Sorting Hat's Song, Order of the Pheonix
On a side note, Salazar Slytherin is also interesting to me. Even with all the talk about evil witches and wizards coming out of Slytherin, there clearly must have been something about him that drew the other founders to him. I'd be curious to see them all interact with each other.



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100000%! I adore Helga Hufflepuff's mentality and I'd love to get to know her a lot better than we do! And I also think that the other founders were drawn to Salazar Slytherin for a reason and I'd like to get to know the HUMAN underneath all the dark wizard talk!

    ReplyDelete