Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Crushes


hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

It's a freebie week!  Two years ago, I made a list fictional crushes and I've read many more books since then.  I thought I'd give you an update of my fictional crushes.

1. Henry (Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein) - He is someone I would totally crush on in person.  He's incredibly nice and loves his sister more than anything.  He's got glasses and a wicked genuine smile.

2.  Jamie (Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein) - We don't see much of him in the book, but every time we do, he's doing something selfless.  He's going to war, he's taking care of a group of boys, he's helping Maddie.  There is so much to love about his character and his perseverance.

3. Dutchy (Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline) - I fell for him the moment he decided to make a pact with Vivian about finding each other no matter what.  They were young then, but his fierce loyalty and his musical ability put me over the edge.

4. Tommy (Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro) - Despite all his faults and tendencies, Tommy is a sweet boy.  I have a hard time not crushing on him at least a little bit.

5. Day (Legend by Marie Lu) - He tries to be nonchalant, but when he really cares about something/someone he'll do anything to take care of them.  His large heart and badass heir make him irresistible.

6. Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling) - He's still on the list.  I'm rereading the series right now and he's so so adorable in the earlier books.

8 comments:

  1. Neville is incredibly adorable! :-) Love your list this week! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just borrowed Code Name Verity from the library and I can't wait to fall in love with it. Neville is adorable, I just want to give him a hug whenever something goes wrong! :) Great list!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday .

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing to see Neville on this list! I love him! Love your topic choice this week and you've got some fantastic picks!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Jamie!! YES. He is an adorable sweetheart and I quite loved him. Much better than the love interest in Rose Under Fire *slaps that dude* I really love Elizabeth Wein's books!!
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Neville is so sweet :) I still need to read Legend, Code Name Verity and Becoming Jinn though but they're all on the tbr shelf! Awesome topic choice and great picks^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, nice pick for a list! I had so many of these growing up, you're making me want to list them all too.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I agree: Dutchy's too sweet! That promise almost made me cry happy tears. I made my list on "Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2015." Here's my TTT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Jamie from Code Name Verity. So yummy! Here's my TTT

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete