Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books that are collecting dust

hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

I've had some books on my shelf for a long long time and still haven't read them.  Here are ten of them.

1. Dragonflight by Anne McCaffrey - I received this as a gift close to 5 years ago and I still haven't picked it up, not because I don't want to read it, but because there are just so many books to read!

2. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - I borrowed a copy of this book from a friend ages ago and had to give it back because I didn't get to it.  Or at least I thought I gave it back.  There is a beautiful copy of this book sitting on one of my shelves and I don't remember how I acquired it.  Needless to say, I still haven't read it, but maybe I should check with my friend about having returned the book.

3. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - I received this as a gift from my 7th grade English teacher before she retired. Unfortunately, I have never gotten around to reading this one. (I've read all the others she gave me.) I tried reading it a couple of months ago, but I just wasn't in the mood. Maybe this year. 

4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë - I also got this book in 7th grade (10 years ago). Okay now that I've done the math I feel terrible. Geez. I should read this soon. 

5. & 6. A Swiftly Tilting Planet and A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle - I'm not sure how I got these or who they came from, which kind of tells you how long I've had them. I just recently read the graphic novel version of A Wrinkle In Time, so maybe I'll pick them up soon. 

7. The Shack by William Young - This book has been on my shelf since it was first published. I think it's probably my parent's copy but at one point I was planning to read it. I'm not sure anymore, but maybe. 

8. Black Dahlia by James Ellroy - I got this one for my 16th birthday from a friend. I think I haven't read it yet because I'm kind of scared of it. The cover is terrifying and I've heard it's a scary book. 

9. Kissed By An Angel by Elizabeth Chandler - I Literally just found this book on one of my shelves. I know I didn't buy it, so I'm not sure how I acquired it but from the back it sounds like something I would have loved in late middle school - early high school. So I'm guessing I've had it that long. 

10. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher 
- This one has been on my shelf for maybe three year, definitely the baby among the others. It's a book I want to read but it keeps getting pushed back by others that just come out of the woodwork. One day I'll get to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment