Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads

hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.

Define beach read: 1) Any book that I have read before and want to read again. 2) The book I am currently reading. 3) Something that reminds me of summer and or beach weather 4) Preferably a book I know won't make me cry. 5) Number four is not a hard and fast definition.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan - This is one of those books that I can't help but laugh out loud.  It puts me in a good mood every time I pick it up.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - When I go to the beach it's usually on vacation, and very rarely do I go on vacation without a Harry Potter book.  This one's always good because it's where the magic begins.

The Princess Bride by William Goldman - As you wish.

Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald - This book is set during the summer and seems to directly remind me of the beach. (I'm not entirely sure why.)

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (or any other book) by Agatha Christie - I think a good mystery novel can make a beach day wonderful.

Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock - This book is a mixture of lots of different things including a sort of coming of age.  And sometimes you just have to have a bit of romance.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I didn't read this on a beach, but this would be one of the best books for light fun summer reading.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card - A good old sci-fi book to pass the time and enjoy the weather.

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo - I really think any of her books would be awesome beach reads, but this is my favorite.

Scott Pilgrim series by Brian O'Malley - This graphic novel series is funny and entertaining, both great qualities in a beach read.

2 comments:

  1. Anna and the French Kiss is such a great book! I'm hoping to read Lola soon.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete