Sunday, March 11, 2018

2018 Challenges and Goals

I'm a little late in the game this year, but I've come up with some reading challenges and goals for 2018.

I've set this year's Goodreads goal to 25 books. I'm pretty sure that I'll read more than that, but I wanted to start with a realistic goal. I've also gone through the books I own to free up some space on my shelves. It wasn't the most pleasant task, but my shelves look great and now I don't feel as overwhelmed by them.

My physical TBR has gotten a little bit out of hand in recent years, so I went through and created a stack of books that I either have to read or get rid of at the end of 2018. (or both) To keep me accountable, I'm putting that list here:

1. Waiting For You by Susane Colasanti
2. The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
3. Breakaway by Kat Spears
4. How Not to Fall in Love by Lisa Brown Roberts
5. Atonement by Ian McEwan
6. Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King
7. Soundless by Richelle Mead DNF'd
8. Da Vinci's Tiger by L.M. Elliot
9. Of Fire and Stars by Coulthurst
10. The Rose Society by Marie Lu
11. Roseblood by A.G. Howard
12. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
13. Uncaged by John Sandford & Michele Cook
14. Starters by Lissa Price
15. Now That You're Here by Amy K. Nichols
16. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
17. Leisl & Po by Lauren Oliver
18. Watership Down by Richard Adams
19. Taken by Erin Bowman DNF'd
20. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
21. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
___________________________________________________________
This year, I've finally taken stock of all the series I've started and haven't finished. There's a lot of them, like so many that I don't want to start any new ones until I've unloaded some of the others.  I found a challenge to help me do just that! If you'd like to join me, you can check their master post for the rules and guidelines.

2018 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge hosted by Celebrity Readers.
I have chosen the B-lister life and will be attempting to finish/catch up on 5-8 series this year. I've got some in mind but we'll see which ones I actually read. Here's my tentative list:

B-List Finisher

1. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (2 books total) - 3/2/18
2. Charlotte Holmes Series by Brittany Cavallaro (3 books so far) - 3/10/18
3. Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein (2 books total)
4. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (2 books total)
5. Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab (3 books total) - 5/11/18
6. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (7 books so far)
7. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (2 books total)
8. Trouble Trilogy by Stephanie Tromly (3 books total) - 5/3/18
9. Everland Trilogy by Wendy Spinale (3 books total) - 5/25/18
10. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (3 books so far Sept. 2018)
11. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (3 books total not including the new release) - 9/4/18
12. Warcross by Marie Lu (2 books total) - 10/25/18

No comments:

Post a Comment