Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Friendships

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

1. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - This is a story of friendship between two sisters and the power that binds them together.

2. Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt - The friendship between Lizzie and Turner is beautiful.  They are unlikely friends that come together because of Lizzie's enthusiasm for life.

3. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson - The friendship in this story is pure and amazingly creative.  This story pulls on all of my heart strings, I love it.

4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - The multiple friendships in this book make it what it is: beautiful. The narrator chronicles their importance and how they shape the life of one lonely yet lovely girl.

5. The Secret Life of the Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - The bond of sisters in this book is unique and engaging, but also the bond of unlikely friends.

6. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - The friendship between Samwise and Frodo is one that last the true test of time.  Also, Legolas and Gimli's friendship is absolutely one of my favorite fictional friendships ever.

7. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - Ron, Harry and Hermione's friendship is everything that friendship should be.  They have their ups and downs but in the end they always have each other's back.

8. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - Cinder and Iko's friendship cracks me up, but I love how they have each other's backs no matter what.

9. Percy Jackson and The Olympians/Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan - The friendships between all the characters: Percy and Annabeth, Tyson and Percy, Grover and Percy, Leo, Jason and Piper: all these friendships are dynamic and important to the adventures that they face in their lives.

10. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - Yes, I love the romance in this book but more so, I love Isaac and his friendship with Augustus.  These guys have an awesome and vulnerable relationship that blows me away.

4 comments:

  1. <3 your list we have lot of the same books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also have my sister's keeper on my list. :)
    i'm a new follower!
    www.she-read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus and Harry Potter made my list as well. I also love the friendships in The Book Thief, The Lunar Chronicle and The Fault in Our Stars even though those series didn't come to mind while making my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Love LOTR!!

    ReplyDelete