Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Dealing with Tough Subjects

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

All these books are difficult to read for their various reasons.

1. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (eating disorders)
2. The Help by Katheryn Stockett (racial prejudice)

3. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (rape)
4. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen (abusive relationship)

5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (illness)
6. It's Kind of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini (mental illness)

7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (WWII, nazi Germany)
8. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (sexuality, abuse, rape, abortion, molestation)

9. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (illness)
10. The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams (abuse)

1 comment:

  1. Oh mental illness is a great addition! I have not seen anyone else with that covered. Well done!


    I have my Top Ten up on SnifferWalk Books, my blog. Come on by!

    ReplyDelete