Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I recommend

hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish.

I have a habit of wanting to recommend books that I haven't read because either 1) I really want to read them or 2) they've had so much good hype that I feel compelled to recommend it.  I will not being doing that here.  I am going to try my best to stick to books that I have read. Here we go.

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: If you like a good tear jerker, then this book is for you.  It is incredibly well written and I've talked about it so much on this blog, I can't imagine anyone thinking that I don't like it.

2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: I just finished this book and wow! All the hype is right, this book is excellent.  The characters are dynamic and the world is so cool.

3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: Another tear jerker, be warned you might not want to read this in public.

4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: This is the one classic that I will recommend again and again. Jane Austen creates a perfectly frustrating relationship between two unlikely people.  I cannot help but love it every time I read it.  If there's only one classic you read, please make it this one.

5. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: The Lord of the Rings is a great trilogy, but my favorite Middle Earth story is about a young Bilbo Baggins.

6. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: I always recommend this book to people/children that want a great series. It's amazing.

7. The Kitchen Boy: A Novel of the Last Tsar by Robert Alexander:  I love stories of Anastasia and the Romanovs and this is by far my favorite story about them.

8. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin:  This story is a great big puzzle. For those that love mysteries, like me, it'll keep you guessing until the end.

9. The Princess Bride by William Golding:  What I really like about this book is that it is an abridgment of a story that doesn't exist.  It's quite funny and has a great combination of action and romance.

10. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky: This book tackles some pretty heavy content through the eyes of a freshman in high school.  I tell people that this book is a great insight to the minds of what high school might be like.

2 comments:

  1. Perks is so so good! I recommend it to everyone! Oh and I need to read Cinder ;( Thanks for sharing!

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still have to read a few on this list, but I love that HP has made it onto so many lists today! :)

    ReplyDelete