Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: All Time Favorite Characters

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
I'm jumping on another bandwagon!

I was sorely tempted to make most of this top ten Harry Potter characters, but don't worry I didn't.

In no particular order:

1. Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter Series) - These characters are among my favorite Harry Potter characters because they come into their own.  Neville shows his bravery at the very being of the series and by the end he becomes a hero in his own right.  Luna is wonderfully strange and does not have to change who she is in order to make friends and she is fiercely loyal.

2. Sam (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) - Sam is a wild child but at the same time she knows what she wants in life and isn't afraid to lose herself.

3. Despereaux (Tale of Despereaux) - This mouse is the bravest character I have ever read about.  His determination and courage make him such a great character.

4. Ender (Ender's Game) - Ender's innocence is my favorite thing about him.  He has the will power and the imagination to create new formations and friends. 

5. Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit) - Bilbo is just so funny.  At first he is the most reluctant person but then once he is bitten with the adventure bug, he can't get enough.  He is really entertaining, even when he complains.  I love him.

6. Scout Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird) - The reason I love her, is her relationship with Boo Radley.  End of story.

7. Aibileen Clark and Minny Jackson (The Help) - These women are so ferociously courageous and entertaining.  They risk everything to bring awareness to their conditions as maids in the south.  I think they are wonderful.

8. Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice) - Tenacious. She is not afraid to speak her mind and to be a strong woman in a world of men.  I love her banter with Darcy.  LOVE.

9. Leisel Meminger (The Book Thief) - She broke my shattered my heart so completely, I love her.

10. Lucy Pevensie (Chronicles of Narnia) - She is the first to believe and see; she made me believe too.

2 comments:

  1. Luna, Lucy and Lizzy! I love all three of them! Happy Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great List! Liesel made my Top Ten Characters this week too!

    ReplyDelete